Planning my Spring 2023 Wardrobe

Spring is here, well kind of, and that means it is time to purge my closet. Like any fashion obsessed person, I have a great deal of clothes; however, I have a "one item in, one item out" rule that has helped me to minimize. While about 90% of my wardrobe are core items that I've had for years, my style does fluctuate every six months or so. This is especially true whenever I'm inspired by a certain movie or tv show character.

Lately, I've been very into mid-length dresses and skirts that are of delicate or silk fabric. The aesthetic of "whimsigoth" has been slowly capturing my attention due to its jewel toned maxi-dresses and sheer wrap tops despite not being traditionally spring. One of my biggest goals for the upcoming spring and summer season is to start collecting vintage Betsey Johnson pieces, specifically the fruit patterned collection. I find that it's easier to upkeep a Pinterest board throughout the year to record keep.

Here are some of the specific items I'll be searching for while thrifting the next few months:


I'm obsessed with both of these dresses! I'm hoping to find something like these two for graduation. The silk one is quite lovely due to its neckline and silhouette. Do I like Sex and the City or Gilmore Girls? Not really, but I do appreciate the fashion.




Both of these will be harder to find, especially the Betsey Johnson. Whenever it comes to expensive items or investment pieces, be sure that they're quality fabric to ensure they will last.


I'm on the lookout for airy skirts that still have a flattering shape. As I've gotten older, I've grown away from miniskirts for more of a midi-length. But apparently skirt length can be correlated with how prosperous the economy is and we are in a recession!

Comments